This is a cheat sheet for moments of low level panic, a system that helps me move out of the uneasiness - if I can remember to do it. That's the hard part. It works for small as well as larger experiences. Give it a try sometime.
2. Feel terra firma beneath your feet.
3. Remember whatever you are feeling will not last forever.
4. Drink some water, even if you aren't thirsty.
5. Think of one quality that will help you right now: calm, clarity, patience, etc.
6. Add humor to your quality.
7. Think of three things you are grateful for.
Repeat as necessary until the moment passes.