Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lullabye



I've posted before about the importance of sleep so I won't go into a big rant about its benefits. I won't tell you how often the biggest problems my clients face revolve around the fact that they are chronically sleep-deprived, strung out, exhausted, hence barely able to put two and two together.

I won't speak to the importance of R.E.M. sleep, how it reduces anxiety, mends the after-effects of trauma, creates in the brain a way to solve problems. I won't even post links to scientific periodicals that regularly publish the results of studies showing that if you want a strong immune system, improved digestion, a healthy heart, fewer allergies, the ability to think critically and clearly, if you'd like to relax a little more, if you'd like to enjoy life more, well then, you're going to have to make sufficient sleep a priority.

All I really want to say here is that right now, between Christmas and New Year's Day, you have an excellent opportunity to start catching up. This week, sleep in. Go to bed early if you're tired. There's nothing else going on, why not?

Sweet dreams to all. Shalom.


In case you're in a mood to read more, click this. The link is to a post from last summer about sleep.